How will TAT help me?
TAT is another wonderful tool / technique I include in my sessions when needed. It is called the Tapas Acupressure Technique. It’s a leading-edge technique to combat your stress and release unwanted anxiety. With TAT, you may experience a subtle energy shift that leaves you feeling lighter, calmer, and more centered.
How to do TAT
To begin TAT, put your attention on what’s bothering you. Hold the pose for each of the statements below.
Use your thumb and ring finger and pinch slightly each side of the bridge of your nose, It’s almost in the corner of your eye. Middle finger and index goes on your third eye (between your two eyebrows). Other hand comes behind your head under the occipital bone like you would hold a baby’s head. You can switch hands and go back and forth if you arms get tired.
Say the statements out loud. When you feel a subtle shift, or your attention wanders away from the issue, go on to the next statement. The shift might be a sigh or yawn, or a deep breath, or you might just feel you are ready to move on. Trust that inkling and continue with the next statement.
1. Everything that lead to this (state the problem or feeling)_________ happened. And I resonated, identified and connected with it.
2. Everything that lead to this (state the problem or feeling)_________ happened. Whatever contributed to this is now over. And it’s ok for me to relax and let go. I no longer need to identify, resonate, or hold on to the things that contributed to this issue. I no longer choose to resonate, identify or hold on to them.
3. All the origins of this problem are healed now.
4. All the places in my body, mind or life, where this (state the problem or feeling)_________ is stored or stuck, including my cells are healed now.
5. I apologize to anyone I ever hurt because of this (state the problem or feeling)_________, including myself. And I send us a wave of love, healing, happiness and peace.
6. I forgive anyone who ever hurt me because of this (state the problem or feeling)_________, including myself. And I send us a wave of love, healing, happiness and peace.
7. I forgive anyone I have ever blamed for this (state the problem or feeling)_________, including myself. And I send us a wave of love, healing, happiness and peace.
8. All the parts of me that needed to hold on to this (state the problem or feeling)_________ are healed now.
9. All communications around this problem are taking place now. (That can be communications with your cells, between different parts of you, with you and other people, you and God/Spirit/Universal energy, or however you see it.)
10. Anything that’s lingering around this problem is healed now.
Continue to hold the pose…
Now you get to the fun part where you replace what you just released with what you really really really want in your life. You can choose to have love, peace, contentment, joy, abundance, prosperity, and/or connection to the divine.
11. What do you really really want? “I choose to ________________.” ex: have more patience, have a loving relationship, have a restful night’s sleep, to be more accepting of myself, etc.
Still holding the pose…
12. This healing is completely integrated in all parts of my being now, and for that I am grateful.
13. When you feel the shift you change your hands the other way. And say this healing is completely integrated now. Every cell of my body, every dimension of my being and I am so grateful for that.
Take a breath, take a drink of water and just notice the changes you feel. You might just feel surprised how calm and centered you are.
My clients experience a tremendous sigh of relief from a very deep level.